To maximize yields, the craft beer industry relies on a combination of clean-in-place (CIP) design, engineering, installation, control, monitoring, service, and repair expertise.
In order to maximize yields, the craft beer industry depends on various areas of expertise including clean-in-place (CIP) design, engineering, installation, control, monitoring, service, and repair. These are crucial for ensuring efficient water and chemical usage, as well as optimizing cleaning cycle duration and frequency when upgrading CIP systems.
Understanding Relevant Configurations in a CIP System
A solid understanding of the relevant configurations in a CIP system is important when designing such a system. This knowledge can help improve efficiency and effectiveness in the craft beer industry.
The brewing, conditioning, and storage of craft beer occur in large stainless steel tanks that require regular cleaning. Therefore, CIP systems are designed to circulate cleaners through the tanks and pipes, followed by rinsing off the chemicals in a flush cycle. This process avoids the need to disassemble complex brewing equipment and fermentation tanks.
Cleaning Procedures for Brewery CIP Systems
The cleaning procedures for brewery CIP systems typically involve several steps:
- Pre-rinse: This initial step involves rinsing the equipment with water to remove any residual debris.
- Circulating wash solutions: Acid and/or caustic wash solutions are circulated through the system to effectively clean and sanitize the tanks and pipes.
- Water rinses: Water rinses are conducted between each wash cycle to remove any remaining cleaning solution.
- Circulating sanitizing solutions: Sanitizing solutions are circulated through the system to eliminate any remaining bacteria or contaminants.
- Final rinse: The system is then given a final rinse with fresh water to ensure all chemicals and sanitizers are removed.
In some cases, a drying cycle may also be necessary to completely dry the equipment.
Turnkey Solutions for Brewery Equipment
If you are planning to open or expand a brewery, we offer turnkey solutions for brewery equipment. You can directly contact us and our engineers will design and manufacture brewery equipment tailored to your brewing process. We provide complete turnkey solutions and also offer customized solutions for brewery expansion plans.